6.21.2010

Happy Monday!


Hi, everybody!

I hope you had a great weekend.  I sure did.  I think knowing that I'm off work for a week helped.

I found this picture of Queen Anne's lace.  It always reminds me of my grandma. 

My grandma was born on a farm.  She had, like, seriously, 13 brothers and 2 sisters.  They had so many kids that she swears they didn't even name her for a while and when they did, she was named by one of her smaller brothers, who named her after the cow - Maude - a name she didn't like.

My grandma was the epitome of grace and kindness.  For my whole life, she had a flower garden and she always planted queen anne's lace along the outside border.  It was probably a luxury to do it, but she always did.  I loved her and I loved her flowers. 

And when you see them on this blog, it is always, always because of her and you will know how often she is in my thoughts and how deeply and profoundly I adored her. 

I will miss her company, always.
Image:  Queen Anne's Lace by Patricia Ann Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails