6.28.2010

Happy Monday!


Hi.

I'm back from my vacation and I'm exhausted!  I swear, I need another week off.

The coming week will be really hectic.  I'm playing catch-up at work, I've got court out of town on Tuesday and starting on Thursday my parents will be in town for my brother's wedding.

Oh, yeah.  My little brother is getting married on Friday....  And you know weddings are always such a blast.....

*heavy sigh* 

And then we have the holiday weekend and all the hullabaloo that goes along with that, including two fireworks averse Beans.

I have been invited to go to the symphony and fireworks on Saturday night, but I am worried about leaving Lola.  My parents have volunteered to sit with her but I haven't made up my mind about whether I can go.  I know I'm probably being silly, but I can't stand the idea of leaving her, knowing how terrified she will be.  I think I may call the vet about a sedative (which we've done once before).  We'll have to see.  I will tell you that she's very funny when she's stoned.  The fireworks would go off and she would start to bark but then it was like she lost her train of thought.....

Hilton Head was, in a word, sweltering.  It was terribly, miserably hot.  We had a good time but man, the heat really sucks the energy out of a person.  Unless you are 7 and then you are oblivious.  It was fun to spend some time with our little guy.  He's at a fun age, full of courage and fear and questions.  He eagerly agreed to try a sip of wine at dinner (he had to immediately rinse the taste out of his mouth with copious amounts of iced tea) but I had to pay him a dollar to try a bite of cucumber.  Go figure. 

I hope you all had a great week.  I hope that this week will hold some good surprises and some fun.
Image:  Magnolia Grace by Georgianna Lane Fine Art Photography.

2 comments:

  1. it is hard to get back to work after a vacation, especially if it sounds like it is a hectic week ahead. I'm with you about the fireworks; our town had their birthday bash the other weekend and the minute Koda heard them, he went to my son's room to hide out. Poor little dogs, they just don't understand what is causing that loud irritating noise.

    hope your week goes as well as it can

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails