12.21.2010

This Charming Closet


So I think we've established a couple of things:

First, I have a serious handbag addiction.  Serious.  And in my defense, in 2009 I went for almost 12 months without buying a bag or even seeing one that I really wanted.  I thought that maybe - maybe - I was getting over it. 

In 2010 I think we can all agree that I have fallen off the wagon.... miserably.  But there has to be an upside to spinsterhood and childlessness, so I figure as long as my bills are paid and my 401K is funded, I can have a bag every now and again....  Or two bags.  Or whatever.  As the case may be. 

Second, lately my bag lust has been focused on Rebecca Minkoff.  Probably because I want something a little more fun and also because these bags are sort of rare for Charlotte.  Everybody has Coach and Kate Spade.  Even Louis Vuitton and Prada are fairly well represented.  Rebecca Minkoff - not so much.  And I like to be different.

This brings me around to the purpose of this post. 

The other night I was walking down the Mall and when I went past the Seven for All Mankind store, I saw this little darling out of the corner of my eye - the Heavy Metal Flame bag. 

I said "I didn't know they carried Rebecca Minkoff!  I must investigate!" 

So I went in - you know, just to look......

They said "You know, they are all on sale for 30% off." 

Well, that's like dangling raw meat in front of Old Yeller, isn't it? 

So I said "OK.  Ring me up". 

And she did - but here's the good part. 

This bag retails for $495.  Not cheap.  But 30% off is better.  But it rang up as $199.  And she sold it to me for that.....  She said "Well, huh.  OK.  That's what it rang up as and that's what you get it for."

I said "I like you." 

And I feel that it was a message from God.  You know.  "You've behaved this year.  You deserve a cute leather bag." 

At least that's the way I choose to see it.

2 comments:

  1. I love when deals like this happen... but this bag doesn't remind me of anything you'd purchase. It looks rough and tough and not uber-feminine like you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to keep you guessing! I'm totally rocking it right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails