12.30.2010

This Charming House


I guess you know you're an adult when the prospect of purchasing new appliances is met with something other than wishing to throw yourself in the floor, kick and scream and cry and pout about the unfairness of it all.....

When I bought my townhouse, it was not yet built.  The builder provided certain appliances which I was sure were the cheapest things they could lay hands on.  They offered 'upgrades' but I figured I'd just pay more for less and wouldn't really have any choice in the matter.  So I decided to go with the 'crap' and then replace them as soon as possible.

Then the recession hit.  Bummer!  New appliances were pushed to the bottom of the list.

This summer, the dishwasher went from noisy and inefficient to deafeningly loud and inefficient.  I figured it's time was short.  The dishes are clean but the noise it takes to get them that way is really no fun for anyone.

Luckily, we got a bit of a bonus this Christmas, so on Christmas Eve, I headed down to H.H. Gregg to shop for a new machine.  I had done some research on the ones in my price range and decided on either an LG or a GE.  When I got down there, the nice salesman showed me this KitchenAid, which was on sale and nicer than either of the other two I had picked out, so I went with it.

They delivered it on Sunday (yes, the day after Christmas in a snowstorm - H.H. Gregg is cool like that).

Here it is in the kitchen.


Yay!

I am happy to report that in addition to being good looking, it is also quiet - as well as energy and water efficient. 

And I feel like such a grown up now.

6 comments:

  1. I (seriously) do not have a dishwasher. I have a house built in 1941, and it has a really big kitchen. But, no one ever bothere to put in a dishwasher. I'm going to do it. It's a goal for 2011. I am so jealous of your new machine, I just can't even tell you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This grown up bought a refrigerator and a dishwasher on the no sales tax weekend recently. Unfortunately, the no sales tax didn't apply for the dishwasher, but it saved me some money on the refrigerator. I had a long list of other things I would have rather spent my money on, but I am loving my new appliances. Next on the list is a new stove! Your kitchen from what I can see in the pic looks gorgeous. Love granite and wood.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful!! There is nothing better than a quiet dishwasher...well almost nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! She is very, very quiet. And I'm also happy that she is 54% more water efficient and I think I may get a tax credit on it. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait... I thought you had stainless in your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails