5.03.2010

Happy Monday!!

Hi!

I hope that you all had as happy and wonderful a weekend as I did.  It was a doozy!

On Saturday, I headed down to Raleigh with two of my darling friends and we hung out all day.

First off, we headed over to Furbish and shopped around a bit.  Unfortunately, I was unable to spend much money there, but don't think I didn't try.  The shop is super cute and if I needed some design help in Raleigh, I'd sure hire them.

From there we went over to Hipsteria Modern, which I enjoyed greatly.  Sadly, they told us that they are closing this month. Boo!  I guess the market for midcentury modern isn't what I wish it was.  They had some good stuff in there so if you live in the RDU area, watch for the sale.  I'm glad I got to see them before the end and if you read tomorrow's blog, you'll see why!

Then we headed downtown in search of Father and Son Antiques and lunch at Raleigh Times, both recommended to us by the lady at Hipsteria. We didn't find anything at Father and Son, but lunch at Raleigh Times was fabulous, including some of the best guacamole I've ever had.  I mean, seriously.  And some crazy woman in an SUV stopped in traffic to yell at all of us in a profanity filled/religiously inspired tirade.  It made for some good lunch theater, although we were all a little baffled.  I've never heard self-righteous proselytization mixed with the word "fuck".  It was interesting.  We all think she was drunk.  

After that we made our way over to Cameron Village for a little shopping and where I got into trouble.

Not to be a tease, but you'll have to stay tuned to Thursday to see how much. 

Sunday my plans got changed, but it was still a great day with beautiful weather and Beans and lots and lots of happiness.  I've been really busy this week and I have missed the Beans - so hanging out with them on Sunday was particularly sweet. 

I hope we all have a wonderful week.  I've decided to expect that we will.
Image:  Beautiful Mess of Ranunculus by Lucy Snowe Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails