5.07.2010

The iPad

So, I've had a few weeks to try out the iPad.

Wow. 

Can I just tell y'all that I love it?

First, I suspect that I've become an internet addict.  Sometimes, when I haven't been online for a while, I can feel myself getting twitchy.

The iPad really enables this habit.  It allows me to surf while I lay by the pool or hang out in the courthouse or airports.  It enables my habit.  It entertains me when I'm bored. 

I am in no way qualified to give much of a review of this thing, not in the way that say Gizmodo or MacWorld or even CNN could. 

What I can tell you is that I carry this around with me.

I used it to surf, read and email from the airplane and it was the best thing....EVER.  Delta offers in flight internet and it was like I died and went to heaven.  I propped Milo (that's the iPad's name.  Milo) up on the tray table and surfed and shopped and returned emails.  The flight flew by and I was entertained and happy throughout.

A couple of weeks ago I took Milo with me to the salon while I got my hair highlighted.  Again - fabulous.  I surfed the web and read my book while I waited for the color to lift.  It was the best.  Light.  Compact.  Perfect. 

Monday I took Milo to Court with me.  I read Newsweek while I waited for the judge.  And when a defendant showed up and informed me that he had filed bankruptcy, I pulled Milo out and verified it, right there, on the spot.  That was super cool. 

I think that the iPad will change the way we all live.  Profoundly.

I really suspect that this will be a wonderful way to read magazines and I really hope that they all jump on the ball.  Especially things like Newseek and People and the National Enquirer.  Brain candy that you browse while you wait but that you don't necessarily want to keep thereafter.  I would SO subscribe to People Magazine for iPad.  

The thing about it that I wasn't expecting is how personal it is.  It's really taken on that quality of the things that I have that I don't particularly want to share.  It's got my music, my books, my bookmarks, my email, my apps.  My stuff.  I don't want people messing around with it any more than I want them digging around in my purse.  I don't really feel that way about my desk top or even my lap top.  But I feel that way about Milo.

He's mine.  You go get your own.

Now I just need Kate Spade to make me a cute hot pink cover for him.....

4 comments:

  1. Are you aware that iPad is spelled with a small i? iPad. iPhone. iPod. It's Apple's thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I get twitchy when I don't have access to the Internet too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella (my iPad) is with me a lot too. I love her!!!! And I get the whole twitchy without the Internet thing... Really, I do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails