5.25.2010

This Charming House

This weekend I found the coolest statue for the living room mantle.

Isn't she fabulous?!?!?  She's sort of Oscar-ish. 


And if I had an Oscar, I'd put it right out on the living room mantle.  None of that stickin' it in the bathroom stuff. 

West Virginians are proud of their awards.  We do not believe that they should be hidden away, but rather that they should be placed right out in your front room, with the rest of the what-nots, where everybody can see them....but I digress....

She just sort of stands up there and glows on her little Lucite stand.

Here's a close up:


I found her at Sleepy Poet Antique Mall in Charlotte, North Carolina.  I was feelin' lucky when I headed out that way and I was not disappointed.    She was way in the back on a low shelf.  Let this be a lesson to you uninitiated  flea market shoppers.  You have to dig around. 

I actually went in there looking for a vintage lamp.  Of course, I found a bunch of stuff that I liked, but they were all lamps sold in pairs.  If I had been looking for a pair of ANYTHING, I would never have been able to find them, but since I only needed/wanted a single lamp, no dice.

Then I found this little guy.   He's not vintage but I fell in love with him.


He is the palest, palest *whisper* palest shade of celadon green.

My pitiful photography skills do him no justice.

He was purchased to take the place of the Crate & Barrel lamp that my sweet friend Sarah so sweetly pointed out to me - with great pain - wasn't working. 

I said "Yeah, I know." 

The Crate & Barrel lamp is what happens to me when I try to get too far outside my box.  At some point stretching yourself crosses over and just becomes false.  That lamp was false Tonya.  So I'm gonna sell it on Craigslist or something.

And the genie bottle lamp has now moved over to the desk, just in case you were worried about it.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails