5.24.2010

Shopping

As I said before, shopping was done this weekend.

Here is a little run down of the damage:

First, I bought the beaded black faille sheath from Talbots:



And then I got these shoes,  for several reasons.  First, they were on sale.  Second, they are comfortable.  Third, they are black patent leather.  And fourth, I thought they looked very retro Kate Spade....


And because of this picture:


I NEEDED a bag like that.  And since the $2300 cost ain't happening here, I had to go in search of a more viable alternative.....

And did I mention that Talbots was having a sale?


So I got this one....  It's not made of real snakes, but I just pretend that it is....

And then I went over to Nordstrom and the FUN SHOES ARE BACK!!!!!!

I got these.  Pewter metallic!  I'm wearing them today.



And then I ordered these because I think they will do wonders for my boring black dresses.  And I have a denim skirt I want to wear them with.  Oh,  and jeans.  I'll wear them with jeans.

They are nothing but fun and I want fun shoes.

It's been too long.


And I went in to Kate Spade and actually met this bag, which we talked about last week:


The good news is that I didn't so much love it in person.  It was a lot more bubble gummy than I thought it would be.  And it was super light.  It didn't feel like an expensive bag and if you're gonna charge a girl four hundred and seventy five dollars, you ought to give her a more substantial bag.

At least that's my view.  But anyway, I don't want it anymore.  At least not for this price.

And Tim Gunn was in Charlotte at the South Park Mall.  I am NEVER in the right place at the right time, but I was at Aveda buying shampoo and he was over in center court hosting some sort of local fashion show.  He looked just like he does on TV.

Doesn't everybody say that?

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sad about the Kate Spade! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I might have to swing by my local Talbot's...have not been in one since '95, but I can tell they are hipping it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should drop by. They still have a lot of boxy stuff but I think they are very good for staples at a good price. You wouldn't want to buy EVERYTHING there, but they are worth a trip every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my new things is buying clothes that are well made of good fabric and then investing in a little tailoring to give it more of a custom fit...budget bespoke clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Me, too. Thank you Nina Garcia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. like all you bought, especially the shoes, but I haven't worn heels in years, would probably kill myself and the dog if I attempted to

    sounds like a fun shopping time!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE what you got! The bag... oh dear, it's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds Tonya. If you've got some money left over for another Samantha-inspired bag, check it out... http://redchairconfessions.com/category/ink/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails