5.24.2010

Happy Monday!


Y'all - shoppin' was done this weekend. 

I mean, seriously.

We're talking pre-recession shopping.  Shopping like the Dow ain't down.  I mean, I can't remember the last time I shopped with so much happiness and spent money with so little worry.

And money got spent.  

It was like 2007 again! 

No, really.  I think it was the first time, in a long time, that I felt like things were gonna be getting better instead of feeling like I was just holding my breath and waiting until we hit the bottom.

Don't get me wrong.  I have been and continue to be very blessed.  The recession was scary and inconvenient to me, but I weathered it about as well as anyone could have.  It helps that I don't owe too much money and my health is good.  If nothing else, it has strengthened my resolve to not get overextended.

But that desire didn't stop me from buying clothes, shoes and another handbag this weekend.  I also spruced up the guest bathroom and bought some stuff for the house.  More about all of that later this week!

And you know, I also got almost everything on my errand list accomplished this weekend!  That really makes me feel good.

I don't care what anybody says, having undone business and clutter weighs you down.  I made a long list of things to do and then I did them.  I didn't have a lot of free time but I slept really well.

We're coming up on a holiday weekend.  So buck up, it's gonna be a great week.....

At least we hope so.
Image:  French Girl's Wardrobe by Lesley A. Sico.

4 comments:

  1. Is it simply terribly that it is only Monday morning and I am already ready for another weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. It's not terrible. In fact, I am right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a lot of people starting to buy things again and perhaps there is hope of our economy recovering; might take a bit where I live since it got hit a lot with foreclosures, high employment, etc. Not thankfully me or hubby, but so many around us. Shopping is always fun!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails