4.29.2010

The Shipping News


This is my favorite book.  Ever.

I love it.  I re-read it once a year and I never want it to end.  When I get to the end of it, I go back and re-read the last two or three chapters again because I don't want it to be over.

Now, having said this, I don't ever recommend it to anyone because everybody that I have recommended it to and who has read it, HATED IT.  And in all fairness, I hated it to for the first 100 pages.  I mean hated it and hated it.  I was just about to quit it and then it just.....sucked me in and then I couldn't put it down.

It's about a loser who blooms.  He just goes and puts one foot in front of the other (he has no goal) but he never quits and at the end, he's beautiful.  Or maybe he was beautiful all along and didn't know it.  I think that may be true for a lot of us.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I will try this book out again...I tried to read it years ago and was one of those people who hated it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails