11.01.2010

Happy Monday!


Hi!

Man, did I miss y'all last week!  I was a little forlorn.

But I'm glad I took a little time.  I think I needed it. 

There are sort of big doings, here at Chateau Bee Charmer..... 

First, I'm beginning to think about the holidays and hoping to make them a little different and special this year.  It seems like I've never really formed my own holiday traditions, but instead I've just kept to my family's.  And that's not a bad thing, but lately I've been thinking about my own.  So we'll see how that goes. 

Second, I'm preparing to apply to attend a leadership program with our Bar Association.  It's kind of a big deal to me and very scary.  One of the reasons I took some time last week was to focus on that application process and get geared up for it.  The deadline is November 5, so I've got to get everything finished up.  I'm not sure whether they'll accept me or not, but that's really not the point.  I decided to do something that really scared me and that's really going to be achievement enough. 

Third, and this may or may not be a big deal but it's taking some time.... I've started doing eHarmony again.  I did it about 3 years ago but I really wasn't interested in a relationship back then.  It seems to be going a little more interestingly this time.  As you all know, I have a fairly strict policy against discussing dates, so unless someone does something really strange I won't be mentioning it very much.  Just be advised that it's going on.  And send me good wishes.....

Anyway, I'm really happy to be back and let's hope for a great week!

Image:  Kablooie by Bomobob.

16 comments:

  1. Welcome back! We all missed you, too, but happy that you took some time for yourself. Good luck with the leadership program app- so admirable that you are pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone. We all need to do that more. As for eHarmony, I hope that you meet someone who appreciates you for the amazing gal that you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already been told, basically, by one date that I'm boring. Oh, well.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you could occasionally blog about any really BAD dates (names changed to protect the idiot...) I think observations about dating in your 40s might be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!!!!

    I'm so very excited for you, and this leadership program :) You are absolutely correct. Although it will be quite lovely when you are accepted, that really isn't the most important thing. The most important is that you have taken the leap to apply! Congrats :)

    I'll be sending you excellent vibes for eHarmony. I found the most lovely people on there, once upon a time. Most of them lived in Charlotte (or some other place that wasn't Smalltown, VA). So here's to hoping!

    I've got a new love interest myself. And I too am keeping mum. I just want to hold it close to my chest until I'm ready to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EGADS! I just saw the "boring" comment. Whatever. If you are anything in real life like you are on your blog, you are witty, charming and fun. If that = boring...then he can just move right along. NEXT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think he's looking for a woman to ride mountain bikes with.... and that is not me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - and congrats on the m.a.n. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boring because you aren't 25 and full of drama? I'll take boring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Near as I can tell, he still lives as if he's in college and looking for someone who wants to do the same. Not a bad guy, but I am not what he wants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on applying. and good luck on eharmony... i met my husband on match.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are SO NOT boring! How about witty, thoughtful, attractive and stylish????

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's what I said! I am boring, however, if you want someone to go mountain biking with you. I don't "bike".

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's more to life than mountain biking and someone out there that shares your interests.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with eharmony! I'm on lavalife right now....so far not the best luck but trying to keep my chin up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails