1.03.2011

Happy Monday


How was the weekend?  Everyone recovered?  Has the new year been properly welcomed?  
I had such a nice weekend.  I love the new year.  It's such a hopeful time for everyone.  A palpable new beginning.  

I thought on Saturday - 'Wouldn't it be wonderful if I felt like this at the beginning of every month?  Wouldn't it be wonderful to feel such hope and energy more often?'

I think I'm going to try to do that - but more about resolutions later.  

On Saturday I did nothing but putter in my house, clean, fold laundry, cook, eat and take care of my Beans.  And I watched a couple of good movies.  It was a truly wonderful day.  

When I was a little girl, we used to play house in my Grandmother's basement.  It had one big window and two big doors and when both doors were open, you could get a good breeze going.  Outside one door, she had the most beautiful dogwood tree and outside the window was a huge forsythia bush.  I loved it down there.  I used to pretend it was a loft (because it was open and 'industrial' looking and I had seen them on TV) and because the loft seemed sort of 'urban' to me.  I used to pretend that we lived on another planet -which meant you could imagine having a space ship - rather than a car - and you could have a computer which you could pretend did all kinds of cool things.  That's the great thing about being a kid - if you have a big empty space, a couple of card board boxes, a couple of old sheets and a few old pieces of lawn furniture - you could imagine a fabulous existence on another planet.  The world was so exciting and full of possibility.  I was always so happy and content and satisfied playing 'space house of the future' down there. 

On Saturday - in my house - I had the same excited and deeply happy feeling that I used to have in my Grandmother's basement.  It was wonderful.

Sunday I spent the day having a wonderful brunch at one of my favorite places with two of my favorite people and then we went shopping with no goals and no timetable.  Also wonderful.

I hope you all had a happy weekend.  I'm glad we're starting a new year.  Here's to the future and to all the possibilities we can imagine.

xoxo

Tonya
Image:  Mine Bilder by Juliannemolson via weheartit.com.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Find anything decent at the mall?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails