1.10.2011

Happy Monday


Hi!

I don't know about y'all but I'm just about finished with winter.  I'm game for about 4 more weeks - maybe I'll even make it to mid-February....  but then I'm ready for the cold to go.  'Kay?

Now, having said that, I am ALL for a lovely little winter storm that gets me out of work on a Monday morning.  Nothing like a cold, gray snowy day when you are snuggled down, warm in your house with a pot of hot coffee that you don't even have to share.  The joy of living alone (and I find that there are many, many such joys).

I was deeply saddened by the assassination attempt in Arizona on Saturday.  I just don't know which is worse, being shot by a lucid, mean person who disagrees with your politics or being shot by a crazy nut who is just going to shoot you no matter what.  I suppose if you're shot, it really doesn't matter, does it?  What a senseless, horrific act.  I am praying for all of the victims and their families. 

It's winter storming in Charlotte today!  We're in for a cold, slippery week.  Basically - it's the end of the world if you're in the South and it's snowing. 

End. Of. The. World. 

There are no canned beans or bread at the Teeter.  Southerners believe in beans in times of strife and hardship.  They have and will continue to sustain us. 

So let's have a great week.  And thanks for stopping by!

xo

Tonya
Image:  Satsuma by Standing Flower.

1 comment:

  1. When I was working, I loved snow days more than when I was a kid. I always loved having a free day off from work! We got a pile of snow here on the coast today. The winter mix predicted for tonight does not sound good though. When you have to get out and about, please be careful.

    Hope you enjoyed your snow day!!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails