1.31.2011

Happy Monday


Hi!

How was everyone's weekend?

If you were in Charlotte I know you enjoyed our beautiful weather.  I think it was close to 70 degrees on Sunday.  So wonderful!

I did not much of import this weekend but I will share two things -

I had dinner at Aquavina on Saturday night.  The food was wonderful (I cleaned my plate.  I felt like a glutton but the steak was so good I could not put my fork down until it was gone.)  The decor was - interesting - or what passes for interesting in Charlotte.

I kind of felt like we were supposed to be in Hell - a suggestion that our waiter found sort of odd.  My friend thought we were supposed to be underwater but that did not explain why everything was red and orange and there were stalagmites around the top and some sort of floating fish hanging from the ceiling that looked more like fish skeletons.

So I'm not sure what it was supposed to be, but Hell would have been more fun.

They could just say:

'Hey!  Come to Hell for dinner on Saturday night!  Our food is sinful!'

Of course the Bible beaters and those with no sense of humor would be appalled.

Then on Sunday we were led on a long walkBataan death march, spring expedition by the Lola Bean.

We headed out for our 'long walk' route.  Finn can handle the 'long walk' if he's properly encouraged.  At one point on the 'long walk' route, we turn right (as opposed to left).  Occasionally, when we are feeling energetic we turn left and take a 'really long walk'.  Finn has almost always been left at home when we feel energetic. 

Lola really doesn't care how Finn feels.  She always wants to turn left. 

She always gets to the intersection and just nonchalantly turns left (like Finn and I don't notice what's going on).  When she gets about 5 feet up that way, she sort of turns and looks at me hopefully.   When I say 'yes' she runs and is excited.  If I say 'no' she begrudgingly goes the other way.

On Sunday she turned left and just kept on going.  I said "Exactly where do you think you're going, Miss Bean?'

Nuthin but butt.

Never even turned around.

Didn't even ask.

Poor little Finn and I just got dragged along on the really long walk.  Finn died, passed out from exhaustion, got woozy 3 times and was revived at the last minute only by the sudden appearance of a member of his public who had not yet had the opportunity to meet him.

He was able to pull it together because when he sees someone who he's never met, he feels an obligation to greet them, regardless of his personal misery. 

But went he got home he went to bed.  But not before he had his supper.

So there's the weekend highlights.  Steak and Bean walks.  So exciting.

And, in case you were watching (or weren't) our pretend friend, Charlotte's very own Mary Helen Bowers, got a shout out from Ms. Natalie Portman on last night's Screen Actor's Guild Awards. Woot!  She's gonna be really, really famous before this is over and we can say that we know people who know people who are related to her!  We can name drop all over town.

Looking forward -

I have no Court this week - Yay!

Thanks for stopping by.  Let's hope for a great week.

xoxo

Tonya
Image:  Cherry Blossom Lane by Racetay.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heaven's! I'll have to ask the girls if they have been to this Aquavina yet, and if so...what they thought it was supposed to be. Very, very interesting...

    And the bean walk = biggest smile of the day for me. And it reminds me...Louis hasn't been for a walk in far too long. Poor little muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet dogs! They keep us entertained, don't they? Can't imagine my life without my dogs. I'm expecting my first child now and hope that I love he/she as much as I love my furry kids ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails