1.06.2011

This Charming Closet

I think I may become addicted to Vogue online's 'Five Days, Five Looks, One Girl' feature. 

I was very inspired by Filipa Fino - and in particular loved these looks:


I like the red pants!

Really, on a more down to earth level, what inspired me about this picture is that when you live in the real world, often when you are out shopping you will come upon something in an unexpected color on the sale rack.  Often the color is the reason that it's on the sale rack.  In all seriousness, if I saw some red pants on clearance at Talbots, I'm pretty sure I'd have skipped right on over them.  Often, though, it's the ability to really convert something like that that will end up being a thing you get a lot of compliments on.  These pants have inspired me to think a little more broadly.  


I cannot even tell you how much I love that she mixed two different navy polka dot prints with leopard print booties.  I'm dying for this outfit. 

Dying.  For.  It. 

I happen to have some leopard Louboutin wedges.  I'm going to think about mixing them up a bit in the very near future!


The thing I love about this outfit is the overall neutral color scheme and the pop of the orange bag.  I must have worn my tan pants with a cream sweater a million times yet I've never thought to throw my orange bag in with it.  But now I think I will do so - and very soon.

Orange is (in my opinion) stunning, unexpected and surprisingly neutral.  Filipa's bag is from Fendi - which is a little out of reach but I think that Kate Spade is coming out with a similar bag this spring.  Here's hoping!

The other thing that I loved about Filipa is that she had a very 70's vibe going on.  I'm in a similar state of mind.  Since I'm sort of bored with myself, in the past couple of weeks I've been thinking about growing forward.

Since I've always idolized Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn, I said to myself  'hey - go check out what they were doing in the 70's'.

So I did.

And then I went a little bit further and started looking at Farrah Fawcett, Lauren Hutton and Faye Dunaway.  I'm feeling a very 70's thing coming on for me in the spring! 

For the first time in a while I'm really excited to explore a little outside my box.  I think it will be fun.

Are we sensing a theme this year - so far? 

2 comments:

  1. I just saw her in real life yesterday and she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your life!!!! The only people I ever see are like minor Nascar people and that's no fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails