1.18.2011

Lipstick For Lazy Girls


I'm super lazy about lipstick, y'all. 

I want to put it on in the morning and basically want it to stick around all day. 

The upshot of this is that I have lipstick on for approximately 15 minutes.  I mean, I really don't even make it into work before it's gone. 

I don't like the 'long wearing' lipsticks because they always look scary and dry my lips out.  I don't want dry lips.  I am addicted to carmax because I cannot abide dry lips.  I think I've blogged about this before.....

Anywho, I've read about the fabulosity of NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in a couple of different places.  So on Saturday, I was off to Nordstrom (the happiest place in the world) to check it out.  The NARS girl at Nordstrom was wonderful (Nordstrom is SO happy to help you spend your money- it's fabulous).   With her help, I selected 2 colors of the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Bahamas (sort of a brownish red) and Belle Du Jour (love, love, love the name) which is absolutely neutral and is for a nude lip - because sometimes I'm just running around town and I want a nude lip....  whatever - I wanted it. 

I also got 2 lip glosses to go with -

Ophelia (sort of pink-y) and Greek Holiday (neutral for the nude lip).   These are in addition to my go to NARS lip gloss - the ever popular Risky Business. 

I left the makeup counter with a nude lip and went on with my day.  An hour later I was leaving Target and looked in the mirror and realized that my lips were still .... perfect.  Just perfect. 

And that's money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails