7.26.2010

Happy Monday



Y'all, it's been a hot weekend.

Saturday morning my Mom and I got up bright and early to go to Hilton Head, South Carolina to pick up some nightstands that my Mom bought at a consignment store when we were down there last month.  At the time, my parents didn't have a vehicle large enough to carry them home, so Mom and I had to go back.

The point of this story is that as soon as I opened the car door to get out, it was like stepping into a sauna!  Seriously, it's like we're living on the surface of the sun.  I was out walking the dogs on Friday afternoon and I thought I'd die.  I'd really rather walk them in a freezing rain than be out in this mess.  It's too hot to live.

Speaking of too hot to live, some woman in Charlotte left her 2 month old baby alone in a closed car for 45 minutes while she shopped at WalMart.  She was charged with misdemeanor child abuse and released on $2500 bond.....

Yeah, slow roast your baby in a car and get charged with a misdemeanor and then put back out.  There is something deeply wrong with that.....

And then Sunday was like slogging through mud all day.  Seriously, nothing would work for me.  My computer and my camera were full of gremlins, my household projects fell flat, I absolutely feel as if I got nothing done.  At 6:00 o'clock, after waiting 10 minutes for the computer to download a photo for this blog, I had to get up and walk away and pray to God to bless me because I was at the end of my rope.

I rebooted and mixed a French Martini.  And then I felt better.  Ever notice that a martini glass always makes you feel better, even if it's just full of milk? 

Anyway,  I hope it's a good week, and I hope the heat breaks soon!
Image:  I Can Taste a Rainbow by Cassia Beck.

2 comments:

  1. Did you and your mom at least spend the night on Hilton Head? Such a long drive to do round trip. Hope that you were able to take a dip in the water. I remember how oppressive I found the Charlotte summer heat...I moved down there during the month of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. We were in and out. It's a really easy day trip from here and I didn't have the time to spend the weekend. It was really so hot that it wouldn't have been enjoyable anyway. Charlotte is soooo hot, but Hilton Head was hot with beach humidity. It was miserable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails