7.21.2010

Knitting


I took my first knitting class last night. 

There were 2 people in my class and I was the "slow" person.  Believe me when I tell you that physical coordination is not my strong suit.

Still, I had a good time and I was pretty good at it after I got the hang of it.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still really bad at it.  But not as bad as I expected to be.  Which is something.  And I found it relaxing, which is what I had really hoped to feel. 

I am told that I can start a dishtowel at the next class, but I have to practice in the meantime. 

I'll have to let y'all know how it goes.  I aspire to knit the expensive throws that I see laying around the homes of rich people in Elle Decor.  Specifically, I want to make this throw:


I think it would be tedious and that I will lose every single ounce of my religion...but how cool would it be to have this on the bottom of the bed?

This is why I'm so stressed out all the time.  I've been a knitter for an hour and a half and I already have an ridiculous goal!

But I'm gonna start with a dishtowel and work my way up to scarves.  I figure the throws will come. 
Images:  Simple by Raven Colours and Elle Decor.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you take lessons? I am determined to learn to knit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte Yarn in Dilworth. They have another beginner class starting in August.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails