7.23.2010

Progress??


So I was standing in line at the Teeter the other day and I looked over and saw one of these magazines.  You know, the ones with the perfect, skinny women on the cover. 

For the first time, in my life, I didn't have the thought of "Oh, I wish I had her body." 

I thought "Oh, I'd rather be me than have that body.  I'm slim.  I'm healthy.  I make healthy choices.  I don't want to work out two hours a day.  I don't want to be hungry all the time." 

Is this progress or have I started down the slippery slope of letting myself go? 

5 comments:

  1. It's definitely more healthy to want to be yourself than to want to be someone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet to me! Smooch Gibson on the snoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's because she looks unhealthy. She doesn't look ripped. She looks ribby (if that makes any sense).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just think she looks like she's hungry all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a reflection of your maturity and your happiness with yourself...two things you should please you. Also, I have seen your photo and know that you have not let yourself go ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails