2.08.2011

This Charming House

I have had the drinking glasses in my kitchen for 10 years.  They're from Target - on of those 6 glasses in a box for $10 deals.

And I've loved them dearly.

Lately, though, they've been starting to show their age.  The glass was looking a little scratched and cloudy.  I figured they weren't going to last forever so I started thinking about new ones.

I've been in love with these glasses since I saw It's Complicated last year.


I figured they'd be easy enough to find, but it turns out I don't think they existed in the real world.

But I kept looking.

And I have it on fairly good authority that I wasn't the only one who was looking for them.

Recently I found these glasses at Crate and Barrel and on Saturday I went ahead and got them.


And I'm kind of in love with them. 

But I felt a little guilty for abandoning my old ones.

Get this though - I sat the bag holding the new glasses on the counter and opened the dishwasher to unload it and one of my old glasses was broken!  What are the odds?  10 years.  No incidents.  Flawless.  And the DAY that I buy new glasses one of the old ones breaks!

I find that strange and fascinating.

6 comments:

  1. If I watched a movie with you it would probably open up a whole new world for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an odd thing to have happen. I think it's a sign! Enjoy your new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new glasses were meant to be! I need to watch It's Complicated again...so much great style happening all over that film. Enjoy your new glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very strange. I do believe it is your old glasses way of telling you that they are ready to retire. Surely that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one that broke then ATTACKED me and cut my finger. Jealous spite is what it was!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails