2.10.2010

All These Things That I've Done


I was reading someone else's blog the other day and she had listed 100 things that she wanted to do before she died.

Some of them were pretty mundane.

Some of them were pretty exotic.

I thought about the things that I would put on such a list, if I were to draft such a thing.  But I couldn't get behind the idea. 

Then I thought about making a list of some of the things that I have done.

Hmmmmm......

I have:

Eaten croissants in France.   Grown vegetables in the dirt.  Gone to the dump to shoot rats.  Spent the entire summer barefoot.  Ridden a raft down the New River.  Flown over the Alps.  Ridden a water taxi in Venice.  Yelled at the chickety chick at the Air France counter.  Tried a case in court - and won - more than once.  Done something I was sure I could not do.  Seen Halley's Comet. Threatened a sloppy drunk judge with my steak knife.  Blown the rent money on one pair of shoes.  Walked across a hotel parking lot in my underwear in order to buy cigarettes.  Walked on a moonlit beach.  Sailed in the ocean.  Potty trained two puppies.  Passed the bar.  Driven down the Blue Ridge Parkway under a full moon.  Been to the top of the World Trade Center.  Cheered for my team during a perfect regular season.  Wished on a shooting star.  Held my tongue when my head was full of ugly.  Made out with a guy on the street in the dark.  Made a perfect chocolate cake.  Wrecked the car - but good.  Caught a fish.  Learned to drive a stick shift.  Had a nervous breakdown - and then got better.  Played hookey from work so I could go to the early round of the NCAA tournament.  Stood a guy up.  Ran 4 miles without stopping.  Sobbed openly during a movie.  Said no and meant it.  Got engaged in England.  Broke an engagement.  Stayed up all night crying.  Stayed up all night reading.  Stayed up all night talking.  Stayed up all night, well, you know.  Taken the train. Thrown up in the airsick bag.  Gotten up at 3 in the morning to watch a meteor shower.  Laughed until I peed my pants.  Painted my bedroom lavender.  Got an "A" from Dr. DiClerico. Gone out with everybody in my family to ride in the new car.  Smoked pot on the porch during a rain storm. Ridden Space Mountain.  Carried a baby on my hip. Been really, really drunk.  Been really, really sober.  Lived in a tragic basement.  Owned a car that was possessed by the devil.  Renounced Satan.  Got baptized by submersion.  Blew off class to watch "Days of Our Lives".  Watched LIVE AID on TV all day.  Went to Walmart with no underwear on.  Hiked to the top of a mountain on the first day of a new century.  Saw a double rainbow on September 9, 2009.  Called in sick when I wasn't.  Lied to a cop ('cause I wudn't the least bit sorry).  Got a "D" in Criminal Law in Law School because I didn't give a shit and I still don't.  Got a B+ in Criminal Procedure in Law School because I'm all about the Constitution.  Started a blog even though I didn't think I'd have all that much to say.  Went fishin'.  Done cartwheels in the grass.  Saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers LIVE in concert - several times.  Saw U2 LIVE in Concert - several times.  Kissed strange puppy dogs on the lips.  Cruised the Seine.  Toured the Roman Baths in Bath, England.  Ridden in the back of a pickup truck singing Jim Croce songs with my sister.  Gone boating in the Chesapeake Bay.  Appeared on the Jumbotron. Haggled on the streets of Rome with Nigerian Fake Purse Salesmen. 

So, what about the rest of you?  Anything fun to report? 
Image:  Pink to Pink by Still Memory.

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails