2.05.2010

Happy Friday!


Hi!

I hope everybody out there has had a less stressful week than me.

I don't know if I should even call it stress.  It's more that a situation that has caused me to seethe with cold, festering bitterness has reared it's ugly head again this week. 

It's not anything about me or directly involving me in any other than a tangential manner,  but it impacts my workplace and therefore my work.  I just want it to go away but I don't think that is going to happen.  EVER.  For a while I ignored it.  Then I reached out.  I tried to help.  Now, and for a long while, I've been trying to get my head around it in a way that won't make me feel this way.  As my shrink would tell me - if you can't change the situation, then you can only change the way you feel about it. 

Yeah, that's not workin' out so well for me of late.

Let's face it folks, mental health platitudes only go so far and walkin' the walk is hard.  Just because you know what to do, doesn't mean it's easy to do it.  I suppose mental health in and of itself is more of a journey than a destination....

But I digress.  I don't want to get into it, but I'll just tell y'all, I've had all the fun with it that I can have.  I'm done.  All but, you know, the seething and the bitterness and that little muscle between my shoulders that hurts when I get home from work.   

Anywho, all was not lost.  I decided to make use of the evil mood and beat up people who deserved to be beaten up on this week.  Might as well make the pissy-ness work for me.  However, I am glad it's Friday and I've chosen this picture today because looking at it made me happy.  Sometimes I wish my life was covered in pink flower petals and it's landscape was dominated by an Eiffel Tower.  If I lived in Paris, I'd hang out in the Champs De Mars all the damn time.  In fact, I often long for a way to (quickly and superduperbargainbasementcheaply) pop off to Paris for the weekend.  What did Donald Fagen sing?
On that train all graphite and glitter
Undersea by rail
Ninety minutes from New York to Paris...
What a beautiful world that would be.  Although, I have to say that even stressed out in rainy Charlotte in February, my world is pretty damn beautiful. Just because I'm bitching a little bit, I don't want y'all to think I'm not incredibly blessed and grateful for my life, because I am. 

Anyway,  I do hope that everybody has a wonderful weekend.  I'm taking an IMac class at the Apple Store on Saturday morning and then I'm headed off to shop and eat and play with my friends.  I also have a facial appointment on Friday night and I'm really hoping to squeeze in a nap and a massage and some nail salon time, too.

Wait!  No.  This is where you all stop and pity me in my spinsterhood. 

Bwah!

So have a good weekend.  Sleep a little late.  Buy yourselves a little something pretty.  Take a little nap.  In fact, take two.

And I'll see you on Monday. 

Image:  Je t'aime by Kristiebee.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your stressful situation at work- hope that it gets sorted out or that you feel sorted out about it. Your weekend sounds fun, not spinstery, and based on your photo (very much like the longer hair, by the way! In fact, would you ever consider growing it even longer for a nice long bob a la Gwyneth Paltrow/Anne Hathway? Hope I am not offending you by offering unsolicited hair advice!), you are way too young to be considered a spinster. Where do you get facials in Charlotte? When I lived there, I went to a little place called Palestra...it was lovely. Great aestheticians and excellent products.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails