2.17.2010

February Blues


Ugh!

I think I have officially reached the point where I am officially tired of winter.  I've actually been pretty proud of myself this year for not getting too bogged down in wishing for spring.  And I'm not nearly as miserable as I have been in the past.  But still.....

I'm ready for my flip flops.  I'm ready for warm air and long days and green grass.  I'm ready for dogwoods and forsythia and azaleas.  I'm ready for outdoor dining.  Dang!

I had to run errands (in the dark) after work last night.  I needed shampoo.  I needed a new watch battery.  I had to go to the dadgum Teeter to pick up a prescription and the pasta and diet coke that I forgot to get yesterday.  And you know I am cursed.  CURSED.  I have a preternatural ability to pick the most god forsaken checkout line and I did it.  Again.  On Tuesday night.  Hell, I tell you.  I was in hell!

How can it take more than 2 minutes to check out a frat boy who is buying a six pack and a bag of chips with a debit card?  How?  How is it humanly possible?  And yet, I stood there for 15 minutes while this checkout person managed to suspend the laws of physics and common sense.  She could not get the beer in the bag!  I watched her try again and again and again to put the BEER in the BAG and she couldn't do it.  How is that possible???  Isn't an understanding of putting the groceries in the bags sort of fundamental to the job? 

I finally gave up and went to another line.

But the next line wasn't any better.  There, despite a person in front of me with a bottle of wine, a rotisserie chicken and a People Magazine and despite 3 checkout people and a bag boy, I STILL had to stand and wait FOREVER.  They had to chat, they had to confer, somebody had to make change, there was a coupon and then, on top of it all, Rotisserie Chicken Girl had to write a brother puckin' check!  AHHH! I swear, I hope there is a special hell for people who insist on writing checks. 

*Heavy Sigh*

I tried to go to my Zen place, I really really did.  But I just wanted to throw a screaming, stomping fit.

So I decided to come home and vent on my blog.  'Cause if I can't vent every once in a while, what good is it?

At least NCIS is on tonight.

Image:  Ice and Lace by Abby Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails