2.01.2010

Happy Monday!


Hey!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Not much to report here.  We stayed in the house, didn't go anywhere and just basically tried not to freeze our butts off.   Although the plan was to make French Lentil Soup, I bagged it in favor of spaghetti with meat sauce and that came out well.  I bought all the stuff for the lentil soup, so I think I will tackle that next weekend. 

Our little corner of Charlotte got about 3 inches of sleet, which has now converted itself into an ice pack due to the frigid temperatures.  It was fun watching the Beans skid around this morning while I concentrated on not falling down and breaking something.  They have loved it, though and were able to run off the leash in our community field because we went out early and everybody with any sense was still holed up in their beds.

All in all, it was a good snuggly snow weekend, rare in Charlotte and therefore welcome.  Hopefully by next weekend we will be back up to normal because the Beans have once again evaded a bath (and moved from slightly stinky to downright rancid) and I really need to go take my IMac class at Apple.  I was supposed to go on Saturday morning but moved it to next Saturday due to my terror of Carolina drivers in the snow.  

At this time of year, no matter the weather, my thoughts begin to turn increasingly to spring and I know it's just around the corner.  Warmer days, softer air and lingering light.  In the meantime, while I'm gonna try to concentrate on my love of boots, sweaters and warm scarves,  I don't think I will be able to prevent dreaming of tulips and violets and daffodils....

It's gonna be a great week!

Image:  The Daffodil Teacup by 3 Lambs Design

1 comment:

  1. Love your energy this Monday morning! Hope that you're right and that it's a great week...for all of us! The dogs are adorable, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails