2.08.2010

Sante'


I don't know if y'all have noticed, but I love to eat.

The thing with lots of Charlotte restaurants is that they are often pretty slick in terms of decor but only mediocre in terms of food.  I've been searching for the true gems out there. 

I had heard good things about Sante' down in Matthews so on Saturday night, my friend and I cruised down there and had dinner.

It was so, so good.

It's not a big place - small, warm, and perfectly lit - it was the perfect place to hole up for a warm meal on a cold, damp February night.

First, I had a french martini garnished with blackberries.  I was in HEAVEN.  And the martini glass was particularly beautiful -  'cause I notice things like that.

Then, I had a warm red cabbage salad, with goat cheese, balsamic and sugared pecans.  Our server recommended it and I have to say that although I never would have otherwise ordered it, it was fabulous.  I can't believe that I lived without it for this long!

Then, for my entree, I had mushroom crusted grouper and my friend had crab cakes.  Both were excellent.   Oh, and the freshly baked warm rolls were just perfect with sweet butter. 

We split the profiteroles for dessert and they gave us the best coffee to go with them.  It was just good coffee and you can't always say that.

In short - excellent food, a happy atmosphere, great service and well stocked bar and a very nice wine list.  If you are in the Charlotte area and you want a meal that meets the hype, try Sante'.  I think you'll be happy.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails