2.09.2010

The Nightfly


I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm in LOVE with Donald Fagen.  I know he's old and pasty and smokes SO much pot but I've always loved his music.  If I had to choose one artist and listen to only that person forever, I'd have to pick Donald Fagen.

I.G.Y. is my favorite song.  Ever.  And I listened to it all weekend.  Over and over and over.  I never get tired of it.

I can remember listening to it in my room when I was in the seventh grade while wearing my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans that I got for Christmas.  I felt grown up and hip and urban, even though I was NONE of those things.  You never get a bigger blessing in life than to fall in love with something and then love it forever, no matter what it is.  I.G.Y. one of those things for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails