2.10.2010

Jennifer Aniston Bores Me

I like Jennifer Aniston, I really do.  I was a Friends fan and I think she is very likable in her movies.

However - 

A while back, my friend Sarah was over and we were talking about Brad and Jen ('cause it's like everybody knows them) and Sarah says:  "I think he left her because she's so boring."

And I had never thought about it before, but since that night, that's all I can think about her.  Damn, but she's boring.  Same hair.  Same jeans.  Same damn black dress and strappy shoes.

I see from JustJared.com that she has gone off to Cabo - again - for her birthday.  Geeze - if you had as much money as she does, don't you think you'd go somewhere else every once in a while?  She's either shopping in Malibu or going to Cabo.  It's like people here who think the only vacation destination is Myrtle Beach.  And money is no object for this woman!  I just don't get it.

I also looked through Architectural Digest (which features her house this month) because one of my favorite things to do in the world is look at other people's houses.   And I have to say that I was - I don't know the word.  Underwhelmed?  Disappointed?  Bored?

The house was definitely not my personal cup of tea and I have to say that they really didn't show very much of it at all.  It is really a few carefully edited snips that don't give you much of an idea about either the interior of the house or the person who lives in it.  And I get that a person in her position might want to protect her privacy, but then again she did invite a national magazine in to take pictures.  Suffice it to say that I saw nothing personal or illustrative of anybody in this house.  Oh, I take that back.  There was some funky Hermes ashtray full of packs of cigarettes.  I'm sure that says something about her.  But other than that, there were no photos, no tchotchkes, no quirky art.  It looked sort of hotel-like .....

A 1970's, wood paneled, stone walled, dark, shag carpeted hotel with a fish tank in the lobby where you could smoke where ever you want.  

There are a lot of West Virginians who live like that today and they get made fun of - I'm just sayin'.

And lastly, before we leave the subject of Ms. Aniston behind, I want to say that I saw a trailer for her new movie last weekend.  It looks like every other romantic comedy movie that she's made in the past 10 years.  But the close ups - my goodness.  Ms. Aniston really needs to get her ass out of the sun and put down the smokes.

'Cause the cigarettes and the sun damage -

Have. Caught. Up.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not have put this better myself. So perfectly put!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of her as boring either. Wow. Revelation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Her skin is starting to look old? I'll have to check it out. You would think that with her access to cosmetic facial treatments and great Hollywood set lighting that her face would look glowing and beatific. I need to check out the trailer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails