2.22.2010

Saturday Night Dinner

We had a lovely warm weekend here in Charlotte and on Saturday evening I opened the patio door to enjoy the air and then turned on the fireplace. I love to do that. I love to have the fire on a day that's warm enough to open the door but cool enough to make the fireplace welcome.

And then I cooked dinner.

I made spaghetti with meat sauce. I used Dean and Deluca Marinara, with which I am desperately obsessed of late.

And I paired it with this:


A 2008 California Couvee Pinot Noir from Castle Rock.

And a fresh baguette, sliced thin.  

It was wonderful and I took perverse delight in not having to share with anyone.

2 comments:

  1. That's my all time favorite comfort food. It's making me hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Castle Rock pinot noir rocks, doesn't it??? I discovered it a few years ago and used to be able to buy it in NYC for about $8 a bottle...now I believe it is selling here for between $12-$15 a bottle. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails