2.16.2010

This Charming House


The Elliott Puckette is back!

Are y'all sick of it yet?  I don't care if you are.  I am excited about this. 

As I've told you before,  I bought an Elliott Puckette lithograph late last fall and immediately rushed it off to the framers.  And when it came back it was just ..... wrong.   I missed.   I don't often go wrong with my framing decisions but I just really messed up with the Puckette.   I think I overthought it.   You can go here and see what it looked like before.

But because I paid money for that frame job, I hung it in my bedroom and decided that I'd live with it for a while.  Well, last week I decided that I'd had enough and that despite a valiant effort on my part, I still hated it.  So back it went and today I picked up the re-framed piece and I have to say....

I LOVE IT! 

Here it is hanging in it's new spot in the entry hall. I just cannot get over how much difference the frame and mat color makes.  It literally made my heart skip a beat when I hung it on the wall.

And as an added bonus I moved the piece that was previously hanging here (an Imogen Cunningham print) upstairs to the empty spot in my bedroom, where it looks so wonderful and completely new. 

I need to thank the lovely and patient guys at my frame shop, Corners, to whom I owe a debt of gratitude.  If you're a Charlotte area reader, definitely give them your business.  There are no words to describe how great they are. 

7 comments:

  1. I actually have the same Conde Nast/Elliott Puckette print and like the way you framed yours much better than how I had mine framed a few months ago. Hmmmm...might need to switch it up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad you bought it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but I actually haven't put it up yet...still trying to figure out an interesting "gallery" look with some other artwork before I commit to putting holes in my walls. I need to just do it, though, before 6 months go by and I am still looking at a blank wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, Bee Charmer, thanks for putting out such a refreshingly honest blog. I really enjoy your writing. I am not loving work these days and your posts are the nicest little reading breaks for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! And as for your gallery wall, pick one piece and hang it in the middle of the wall. The rest will be easier after that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and give yourself a "user name" so I will know who you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way this looks much better. And like the placement too. It's such a gorgeous piece I think it suits a living room better than a bedroom where only a select few can see! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails