2.26.2010

Happy Friday!

 

Hey, Everybody!

I hope everyone has a good weekend.  

I'm still in a sloggy mood.  According to The Charlotte Observer this is the coldest winter in Charlotte in decades and I believe it.  And frankly, I'm sick of it.  After I walked the dogs last night my ears were so cold that they hurt.  Blech!

This weekend we are celebrating a couple of anniversaries at Chateau Bee Charmer.  Sunday is the two year anniversary of closing on the house.  Last year I threw a housewarming party and this year I think I'll settle for sleeping in.  I'm also going to buy the house a candle that I saw last weekend.  You know it gets so petulant when I don't buy pretty presents for it. 

This weekend is also the anniversary of Finn's adoption.  He was seven weeks and 4.5 lbs when I picked him up.  I brought him home and he cried all night.  And then he cried at least once a night for the next 7 months.  Ah!  My little problem child.  I do love love love him so. 

Saturday night I actually have a date, if you can believe it.  I won't tell you about it but I will let you know that I'm going, lest you all think I'm wasting away. I struggle with the revelation of details in this area of my life, basically because someone else is involved and I do not believe that the average person would be comfortable wondering if his actions would be blogged about.  So unless he's really horrid, which I am not expecting, you will read nothing else about him unless it gets serious.  

Oh, and I'm getting my little mushroommullethelmethead hair cut this evening.  I am hoping that Jeremy can work some magic and blend it in a little.  I'm feeling like one of the Golden Girls.  If I ever try to cut it again, y'all have my permission to smack me until I get that notion out of my head. 

Other than that, I got nuthin'.  

So have a good weekend and stay warm.

And I'll see you on Monday.  

Image:  Mums by Chris Hale Photography.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fun date!!! And, that you are happy with your haircut. You mention wanting Anne Hathaway's lips...what about her hair...love her long bob. Gwyneth Paltrow sort of has one, too. Just an idea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you not to cut it...but did you listen?? NOOOOO :)

    Have a good weekend. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two years ago I bought a dishwasher for my moving into my house anniversary. Last year I bought a new lawnmower. I think I will go for a nice candle this year. Much more reasonably priced and enjoyable! Have fun on your date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Lawnmower! Now that's love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine does the mullet thing, too. It actually seems to grow faster in the back.
    Have fun on your date. How I hated dating and as frustrating as the dug can be sometimes, I'm not too keen on "getting out there," again.
    Hoosier Hugs
    Cheryl (&Chelsea- my Welsh Pembroke tri-color)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Finniversary!!! Wear a good bra.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails