2.23.2010

The Sound of The Smiths


I don't listen to The Smiths enough.

But they were perfect to listen to on Saturday morning while I cleaned the house and worked on my projects.  They make me feel nostalgic for the 80's, in a good way, which is fairly remarkable.

Something about Morrissey's voice just goes right through me and makes me wish that big hair would come back and that I had drank more in college.   I couldn't enjoy them, then.  Probably because I was poor and trying to get a degree and just didn't get it.  Now I can look back on that time with a certain amount of safety and appreciate and wish for it.  I guess it is, like many youthful things, something that is best appreciated from the prism of age and distance.

But for a little while on Saturday, I was back in a little apartment on Grant Avenue in Morgantown, West Virginia.  And I kinda liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails