2.12.2010

Happy Friday!


Hi everybody!

Just a quick post to say that I hope everyone has a good weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day.

And you know I just realized that The Olympic opening ceremonies are tonight.  How fun!  I love the Olympics and especially the opening ceremonies.  It's such a pretty thought to believe that we can all put aside our differences and share an experience in friendship.  When I was younger, I couldn't understand why so many people were afraid of peace and friendship and the celebration of our differences.  Now that I'm older, I understand it even less.  I think I love the Olympics so much because they always make me feel like we have a hope. 

So I hope for a happy and peaceful Olympics and I will warn you that it makes me cry.  I cry for the people who win, I cry for the people who lose.  I cry for two weeks.  You should all brace yourselves because any mention that I make for the next two weeks will be accompanied by my report of how much I cried and for whom.  It's a thing.  I'm weepy and sentimental - I personally blame my Irish grandfather. 

So have a good weekend.  Clap for our team.  Take your sweetest sweetie to dinner.  Have a little dessert.  In fact, have two.

And I'll see you on Monday.

Image:  Looking For Love by Irene Suchocki.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails