2.08.2010

Happy Monday!


Hi, everybody - at least I hope that there's somebody out there!

I hope that you all had a great weekend, because mine was so, so perfect.  Even the weather, for all it's gray, wet and cold, seemed to be perfect to me this weekend.

I slept in.  I cleaned my house.  I folded clothes.  I listened to Steely Dan.  I saw friends.  I bought picture frames and a new utensil crock for the kitchen and art on Etsy.  I took a class at Apple.  I lit my fireplace and curled up under a blanket with my puppies on the couch.  I had a wonderful dinner on Saturday night and guacamole on Sunday.   And then I saw a great movie.  It was just wonderful.

I also monitored the D.C. snow situation on MSNBC and Facebook all weekend because I have a bunch of friends up there.  Stay warm, y'all.  My best friend has power but no TV.  She says she's like "the Amish" - but at least she's warm.  She's worried about how she'll ever dig out and tells me that they are forecasted for 10 more inches of snow on Tuesday.  Oy.

My respect continues to grow for my friends Jessica and Scott who even make being blizzarded in seem fun.  They were drinking, baking and online shopping Saturday.  Take it from me, if they ever invite you over, go because they will give you a drink and you'll have a great time.  You know, that's the thing about happy people.  They're happy no matter what the circumstance.  I want to be like them.  Hell, most of the time I want to be Scott and Jessica, but that's a whole other blog topic. 

Anyway, the weekend was very welcome and I feel refilled with happy.  I think it's going to be a great week! 

Image:  Dreamy by Lori H.

4 comments:

  1. Several things.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the utensil crock? I'm looking for an interesting one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sur la Table, but it doesn't seem to be available on the website. It's not so much interesting as it is big and utilitarian.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails