3.05.2010

Happy Friday!


Hey, everyone!

What's up for the weekend?

The weather here is supposed to be very nice and I hope I can work up the motivation to go on a couple of long walks.  I also have to start seriously thinking about the fact that in April I am going to Key West.  And that means that I need to get my winter weight off and look towards buying a new bathing suit.  Makes me sick just thinking about it.  I swear to you, if I die and go to hell, I'll spend 1/3 of my time in a fluorescently lit dressing room trying on tankinis.  The other parts of the time I'll alternatively be at a baby shower with a bunch of women I don't know OR sitting in a waiting room listening to an infinite loop of The Little Drummer Boy - FYI.

I am excited to be spending Sunday with my friend who I have not seen in WEEKS because she has a busy life and I don't.  I suppose I'll have to take what I can get, huh?  We're checking out the new Bechtler Museum here in Charlotte as well as the Hewitt Collection at the Gantt Center.

Do y'all know about the Hewitt Collection?  If you don't you should look into it and if you come to Charlotte you should definitely go see it.  I'll tell you a little bit more about it next week.  Suffice it to say that I find it very, very cool. 

So have a good weekend and pray for me to get brave enough to start thinking about shopping for a bathing suit.

And I'll see you on Monday. 

Image:  A Dream of Spring by Honeytree.

7 comments:

  1. We are picking up our rescue dog tomorrow morning! We already have a fabulous terrier, Teddy, who has been with us for 4.5 years, and are hoping that Teddy will not mind sharing 'star of the play' status and will enjoy having a little mutt sister. Your weekend plans sound lovely- have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! What will be the name of the new puppy? Give him or her lots of smoochies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are going to call her Mrs. Butters. She's about 1-1.5 yrs old and came from a high kill shelter in Darlington County, SC. The volunteers in SC loved her so much, and begged a rescue group in NY to come down and pick up several dogs that were on death's door. My husband and I found this dog when we walked past an adoption fair at Petco last weekend...we were not looking to get another dog just yet, but we happened to find her and we fell in love. I think it was meant to be :) Just hoping that our dog Teddy doesn't flip out (they already met and seemed to get on just fine, but you never know) and that Mrs. B can adjust to life in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, they may take a while to settle in with each other but I'm sure it will be fine. Finn wasn't too keen on Lola when she first came (he really enjoyed being an only dog) but now they love each other so much. It took them a few weeks to settle in, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, can't wait to hear what you think of the Bechtler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Bee Charmer. We are hoping that our dog will one day see our new dog as an enrichment to his life, but you're probably right, it will take a while for them to get used to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have friends coming in town in a few weeks...I think Bechtler might be on our list of activities. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails