3.12.2010

Happy Friday!

Hey,  everyone.  Idn't "Hey" a pretty southern thing to say?  I say it all the time.  It seems southern to me.

I have had the crud this week and am happy to report that after feeling like death for 2 days, I feel better.

I have nothing planned for the weekend, at least nothing worth reporting here.  I really need to clean the house in a meaningful way, which includes vacuuming curtains and mopping floors.  Strangely enough, this makes me happy.  I may also start shopping around and making plans for my patio.  I would love to plant some shrubs out back, but I get to the garden center and the "plant material" overwhelms me.   It all seems so clear to me before I get there and then....panic.  Maybe I can go on a trial run on Saturday and get a feel for what's available. 

One of the bad things about being sick this week was that the weather on Tuesday was absolutely beautiful.  I mean perfectly, absolutely beautiful.  And I was completely dead on the couch.  I didn't care.  In fact, the sunlight was so annoying, I went to bed with the blackout curtains closed.  However, when I was finally able to return to work on Thursday morning, I noticed that the first trees of spring have bloomed since Monday.

Yay!

It is at this time of year that I begin to closely monitor the blooming schedule in anticipation of spring.  The redbuds have bloomed, which means that the Bradford pear trees can't be far behind and then the azaleas.  Yay!  Again!

I guess the really big news this weekend is really twofold.

First, on Saturday we go back to daylight savings time and I'm happy about that.  It's not so much the cold of winter that ultimately gets to me.  It's the dark.  I'm ready for some daylight.

And the other big news is that it's Championship Week.  West Virginia won last night and not to gloat or anything but Syracuse and Villanova and Pitt didn't.  Gotta love the Big East!

Anyway,  have a good weekend.  Get ready for spring.  Watch some college basketball in a highly partisan way.

And I'll see you on Monday.

Image:  On the Verge of Tears by Pocket Memories

1 comment:

  1. Hope that you have had a good weekend and that you are feeling 100% again :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails