3.22.2010

Happy Monday!


Hi!

I hope everybody had a great weekend.

I didn't do much of anything, unless you count watching NCAA Basketball.  If you count that, then I did a lot.

My friends are a bit shocked, given my firm "anti-sports" stance.  However, I get swept up in it and especially this year, when my team is doing so well.

Saturday was absolutely the most perfect spring day and I enjoyed it thoroughly.  Lola and I took a walk through the neighborhood and at some point I went and got my toes done, during which I finished last month's Vogue.  The Tina Fey article is entertaining and the Grace Coddington shoot in Jamaica was thought provoking (especially the Alexander McQueen Armadillo shoes).  And that's about all I have to say about it.  The rest of the weekend was spent puttering around the house, sitting in the yard, napping and doing laundry.   Oh and there were lazy mornings with lots and lots of peace and coffee. 

Some would call that boring.

I call it absolutely wonderful.

I wouldn't want to spend every weekend with so little to do, but sometimes, there is nothing better.

I didn't even shop for cheese and chocolate because I didn't want to drive and deal with parking and crowds.  The upside of that is that I didn't spend much money!

Back to the basketball, Wake Forest (my other school) is out.  Pitt (WVU's arch-nemesis) is out.  And my darling West Virginia Mountaineers are through to the Sweet 16.  Way to go Mounties!!!

I think it's gonna be a good week. 
Image:  Sweetness and Light by Gabrielle Kai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails